Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Make Your Own Yogen-Fruz Smoothie!

I absolutely love Yogen Fruz's smoothies, but I get tired of paying $4+ for some fruit and yogurt. So I made my own recipe and have been drinking them for breakfast every day :). This one is the 'blueberry breeze' at Yogen Fruz. Feel free to substitute any fruit or juice!

Step one 
Spoon your yogurt into a freezable container ( I use a silicone muffin tin). I usually use vanilla but you can use any kind you want. Each yogurt block should be three heaping tablespoons, or a little under 1/2 a cup.
**Optional: Cut up and freeze your bananas. You can use fresh but I like to freeze mine so they don't go bad and are already cut up. Try to cut it into even pieces and count how many are in one banana.




Step two
Gather your ingriedients:
*Cranberry juice - 1 1/4 cups
*Frozen yogurt block - 1
*Banana - 1 med.
*Frozen blueberries - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
   (I use 1/4c. because I like it like that but to make it like the Yogen Fruz one use 1/2c.)


Cup up your yogurt block into easily blendable pieces.




Step three - Turn the blender on Blend-Low. Pour in your cranberry juice first, and then add (in this order) cut-up yogurt block, banana pieces, blueberries. 


Once everything is in, put the middle lid back in and blend on high for a while.





Step four - Pour into Sip and Stir cup (if you have one) and enjoy a delicious smoothie for a fraction of the price of a Yogen Fruz :).

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment