Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Foundation in Honey Beige Review

The Goal - To find a full coverage drugstore longwear foundation without SPF. My face is at least three shades darker than the rest of my body because my Revlon ColorStay is SPF 15, so I was looking for a new summer foundation that I could tan through!
The Claims
 24HR Wear
 Withstands heat, sweat and humidity
 No-Transfer: won't rub off
☐ Flexible, breathable comfort
☑ Oil free - Non pore clogging
The Details
I honestly have never hated a foundation this much, but I'm giving it a 3/5 overall rating. Why? Because it does almost everything it says it does. It lasts forever and doesn't come off, even without a primer. It gives good coverage, but it dries really fast so if you don't work fast enough it gets blotchy. I could live with that. It's not terribly comfortable; you can feel it on your skin just a little bit. I could live with that too. What I can't live with is the pink colour of it! No one has skin that colour! It's not too noticeable inside, but as soon as a little sun hits you, BAM. If you're going for the sun-burnt face look, get this! It might just be this shade, but Maybelline is bad for pink foundations.
Pros
Price
Availability
Longwear
Coverage


Cons
Colour
Ease of use
Comfort
Overall Rating 
3/5
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a web developer and this bugs me. How did you make those checkboxes? Is that a Mac thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an Alt code but I couldn't actually find the code so I just copied and pasted it

      Delete
    2. Dang. I guess I'll have to find that alt code. These ASCII keys are tough to remember.

      Delete